ISTQB CTFL-Agile Tester
This course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on agile projects. Attendees will learn how agile software development projects are organized, and the various types of agile development practices in common use.
|Virtual and Class-room
Participants will understand how agile development differs from traditional approaches, how to position testers in an agile organization, the fundamental agile testing principles, practices, and processes, and the skills they’ll need to excel in an agile environment. The attendees will learn ways to estimate and organize testing within agile projects and the application of risk-based testing on agile projects. They’ll also gain a basic understanding of the important testing and test-related tools commonly used on agile projects.
This course is ideal for testers experienced with traditional software lifecycles, entry-level testers with an interest in agile testing, and experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in agile projects. Testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers working in agile organizations will find this course useful, informative, and fun. The ISTQB Foundation Level certificate is a pre-requisite to taking the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can take and benefit from the course.
- Collaborate in an agile team, being familiar with agile principles and practices
- Adapt existing testing experience, knowledge, and best practices to agile projects
- Support the agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and share information with other team members
- Work effectively within an agile team and environment
General Course Information
This course is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for the ISTQB Agile Tester certification.
Who should attend this course?
- Test Analysts
- Test Managers
- Test Leads
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
and any person in ICT with an interest in quality assurance.
ISTQB Foundation certificate
The following is recommended:
- That the candidate has an interest in software testing
- Have at least a minimal background in either software development or software testing, such as six months of experience as a system or user acceptance tester or as a software developer.
Through presentation, discussion, practice exam questions, and hands-on exercises, attendees will learn how to:
- Apply concepts from the ISTQB Foundation Level in an agile project
- Recall the basic concept of agile software development based on the Agile Manifesto
- Understand the advantages of the whole-team approach
- Understand the benefits of early and frequent feedback
- Recall agile software development approaches
- Write user stories in collaboration with development, business representatives, and product owners
- Understand how retrospectives can be used as a mechanism for process improvement in agile projects
- Understand the use and purpose of continuous integration
- Know the differences between iteration and release planning, and how a tester adds value in each of these activities
- Describe the differences between testing activities in agile projects and non-agile projects
- Describe how coding and testing activities are integrated in agile projects
- Describe the role of independent testing in agile projects
- Describe the basic set of work products used to communicate the status of testing in an agile project, including test progress and product quality
- Describe the process of evolving tests across multiple iterations and explain why test automation is important to manage regression risk in agile projects
- Understand the skills (people, domain, and testing) of a tester in an Agile team
- Understand the role of a tester within an agile team
- Recall the concepts of test-driven development, acceptance test-driven development, and behavior-driven development
- Recall the concepts of the test pyramid
- Summarize the testing quadrants and their relationships with testing levels and testing types
- For a given agile project, practice the role of a tester in a Scrum team
- Assess product quality risks within an agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and product quality risks
- Interpret relevant information to support testing activities
- Explain to business stakeholders how to define testable acceptance criteria
- Given a user story, write acceptance test-driven development test cases
- For both functional and non-functional behavior, write test cases using black box test design techniques based on given user stories
- Execute exploratory testing to support the testing of an agile project
- Recall different tools available to testers according to their purpose and to activities in agile projects
The course runs for two days, with one hour set aside on the second day for the ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation exam if desired. Each day is about 360 minutes of class time, from 8:00 to 5:00. For accredited course offerings, the material is covered as described. For custom courses, material may be deleted, added, or expanded upon as needed.
Please note that timings are approximate, depending on attendee’s interest and discussion. All of the lectures include either exercises, knowledge-check sample questions, or both.
The following shows this session plan in relation to the chapters and sections of the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester Syllabus. The specific order in which topics are presented may vary to optimize the attendees’ learning experience.
|A general description of the course along with learning objectives, course materials and an outline of the course topics, including approximate timings for each section.
|A set of approximately 200 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed.
|Foundation Sample Exam Questions
|A set of approximately 150 pages of review materials for the Foundation level covering every learning objective in the ISTQB Foundation Syllabus.
|ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester Syllabus
|The syllabus which forms the basis for the International Software Testing Qualification at the Foundation Level Extension for Agile Testers.
|Foundation Mock Exam
|A practice exam containing 40 questions and answers to provide a review of the ISTQB Foundation exam.
|The latest glossary of terms used in software testing produced by the ISTQB.
|Agile Tester Foundation Sample Exam Questions
|A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester Syllabus.
|Solutions for all exercises in the course (included in the noteset).
|Agile Tester Foundation Mock Exam
|A practice exam containing questions and answers to assess your readiness for the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester exam.
|Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
|Specifications used in the realistic example project used in exercises for the course.
|Bibliography and resources
|A set of further readings, Web sites, tools and other resources to help implement the concepts
ISTQB Agile Tester Exam
Included in our training fee is one ISTQB Agile Tester exam session hosted by the SASTQB (Southern African Software Testing Qualifications Board) www.sastqb.org.za
Duration: 60 minutes
Number of Questions: 40 Multiple Choice
Pass Mark: 65%
Are you ready to book the ISTQB Agile Tester course? Follow the link below to start the process.
Request For Quote
Reach out to our office for a formal quotation. We offer training for individuals and companies. Group bookings qualify for a discounted price.
ISTQB Agile Tester DOCUMENTS
Complete the form below to download the ISTQB Agile Tester documents that include the ISTQB Agile Tester Syllabus, Sample Exam Questions, and Sample Exam Answers.